Share your experiences
Do you have ideas or experiences from your time as a probationer teacher you'd like to share with other probationers? Your articles and hint and tips will be published on our website.
By contributing to the website you'll not only be helping other teachers, but all published work can be added to your CPD portfolio.
We're looking for a wide range of experiences on all aspects of being a probationer teacher for our website, such as:
- coping with exams and assessments
- examples of CPD experiences both in and out of school
- experiences from short-term teaching placements
- how and where you have found support
- experiences in the independent sector
- details of resources that work well in class
- your behaviour management strategies
- using new technology in the classroom
- reports of interesting/unique in-service days
Your article should be around 500 words, offering honest, constructive comments on any aspect of being a probationer teacher on the Teacher Induction Scheme or Flexible Route.
Submit your article to us (preferably in Word) by filling out the form below and uploading the document.
We are keen to hear from probationers willing to blog about their thoughts and experiences are they progress through their period of probation.
Entries can be quite brief, but would be most helpful if they were fairly regular.
Don't fancy writing, but still want to share your experiences? Why not try video blogging.
We will provide you with a digital camera. Contact us for more details.
Hints and tips
First, take a look at our current Hints and Tips to see the format - around 10 hints and tips on a specific topic is a good number to aim for. They can be about any aspect of teaching, including:
- organising your planner
- marking and assessments
- writing report cards
- maintaining your health and mental wellbeing
- establishing good working relationships with your colleagues
- applying for jobs or attending interviews
Then submit your article to us (preferably in Word) by filling out the form below and uploading the document.
Claire Gilfillan, Web Content Editor at email@example.com