Section Menu


Your ITE profile is now available. You can access your ITE profile by logging into your MyGTCS homepage.

Tweet Tweet


Initial Teacher Education (ITE)

Welcome to the Students area of the In2Teaching site. This area will provide you with all you need to know about applying for provisional registration with us.


We have now completed processing student EPVGs. There are still some outstanding queries that are with students. It is vital that you respond to any email communication from the Student Support Team so that we can process your EPVG application form for Disclosure Scotland prior to you starting your probation year

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Support Team


Allocations have now been completed and all local authorities are busy finalising placements. You will be notified by text on Friday 18 May 2018, to login to your MyGTCS to find out your allocated local authority. You will not be informed of your allocated school. We ask that you DO NOT CONTACT the local authority probationer contact. Please wait until they contact you, when they will be happy to discuss any concerns or issues. Please ensure that your mobile number is correct and up to date, and that you have your MyGTCS login details.

Please remember from your Fresher's Presentation to "take the weekend". If you did not receive your first preference, have a think before deciding on any course of action. Take the time to look at transportation links or even discuss with family and friends. Remember that the local authorities are very flexible and are happy to discuss any options, but please do wait until they contact you.

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Support Team.


A list of the dates of Local Authority induction days is available here. This list will be updated as we receive information from the Local Authorities.


If you are wishing to defer for any reason, please ensure that you read the deferral process before you complete a deferral request form. Send this and any relevant information to Student Support for consideration. If you have already deferred from a previous year, your MyGTCS account will currently show that your induction scheme is set to NO. This will change when allocations have been processed for all current and deferred students. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Support Team.

Updating your email contacts

Please remember to check that your contact details are up to date. The Student Support Team will email you if there are any queries. As university email accounts are only 'live' during the period of your studies, we suggest that you add a private email account as your preferred email when you graduate. You can do this through MyGTCS.

To change your email address, login to MyGTCS and select the CHANGE option displayed next to your email. If you have any queries, please contact the Student Support Team through the contact details on this page.


If you would like to complete your probationary period in a denominational school, you will need to gain approval from the Scottish Catholic Education Service.


We have now completed the Fresher Talks with each University. If you were unable to attend a talk, please see the presentation below.

If you still have questions after reading the presentation, please send the team an email and they will be happy to help out.


The Standard for Provisional Registration (SPR) specifies what is expected of a student teacher seeking provisional registration with GTCS at the end of Initial Teacher Education. Having attained the SPR, all provisionally registered teachers continue their professional learning journey by moving towards the attainment of the Standard for Full Registration (SFR).


If you would like to discuss your registration with us, please contact the following department:

Student Support

T: (0)131 314 6000